Whilst the purpose of Chlorine is to clean your pool water by breaking down bacteria, it is also eventually going to break down the pool cover over time. To prolong the longevity of your cover you will need to care for the cover accordingly.
POOL COVER MAINTENANCE – VERY IMPORTANT
Pool covers prevent water AND chemicals from evaporating therefore you should REDUCE your regular dosage of chemicals !
If you have a salt chlorinator, it is recommended to turn the level down so that less salt / chlorine is produced. Alternatively you can run your pump for much shorter time periods thereby also saving on electricity.
TEST YOUR WATER REGULARLY TO ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE THE CORRECT PH LEVELS
If the water is too concentrated with chemicals, they will attack and destroy your pool cover, which is not covered by a guarantee !
A 500 Micron cover can last between 1-5 years if cared for correctly depending on many factors such as…
- Pool Acidity Levels (Ph, Chlorine, Acid)
- Water Temperature
- Outdoor Temperature
- Care of the cover
- How the cover is removed and stored when not in use
- Shade / Sun
- Debris / Type of Debris
- How often the cover is cleaned and with what it is cleaned
Our bubble wrap pool covers it’s self are resistant to algae and bacteria. The building up of algae is dependent on several and including the following factors:
- condition of the water
- chemical levels
- how often your pool pump runs
- use of a creepy crawly or other cleaning device
- how often you backwash your pool
- the cleanliness of your filter and sand in the filter
- the impact of the weather on products such as temperature of the water, sun & air